The Mission of the World Chiropractic Alliance
- Develop, promote, and support humanitarian programs that reach out to populations that, due to geographic or economic factors, cannot access chiropractic care
- Support health and social measures that would benefit underserved populations worldwide
- Promote chiropractic as the only discipline that focuses on correcting subluxations and reducing the stress that interferes with the body's ability to self-regulate and heal
- Provide resources needed by doctors of chiropractic and chiropractic students to become more competent and successful practitioners
"Protecting and Promoting the Principles of Chiropractic"
The World Chiropractic Alliance was founded in 1989 as a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and strengthening chiropractic around the world. Since its inception, the WCA has played an important role in the global chiropractic community. In 1998, it was granted status as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) associated with the United Nations Department of Public Information.
Note: Be sure to read the official WCA Position Papers as well for public statements on specific issues.
Subluxation-based chiropractors share many important things with B.J. Palmer, including the tendency to be passionate -- and opinionated -- about issues affecting their profession. As the premiere organization representing those doctors, the WCA has its share of strongly held opinions as well, far too many to list here. Yet, we think you need to know where we stand on some of the major questions facing chiropractic, and want to spell out some of our positions clearly and boldly before asking you to join us.
- We promote chiropractic as a drug-free, subluxation-based health care approach providing lifetime, family wellness care. It should be available to all people, from infancy to old age, regardless of the presence or absence of symptoms. We work constantly and vigorously to ensure that chiropractic does not deteriorate into a medical therapy or incorporate drugs, surgery or other medical techniques.
- We are dedicated to freedom of choice in health care and are committed to fighting any effort to mandate medical treatment for the public. The WCA fully supports and endorses the work of the National Vaccine Information Center.
- We work toward an equitable treatment by insurance companies, and oppose their use of unfair IMEs to arbitrarily review and reduce chiropractic claims.
Make the commitment to join the WCA today ... so we can all enjoy a brighter tomorrow.